Terms and conditions of use
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Second Spring Oxford Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK), Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations, 2003 (EU), General Data Protection Regulation, effective 25 May 2018 (EU)|
|Second Spring Oxford Ltd, or us||Second Spring Oxford Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 07274180 whose registered office is at The Old Dairy, 12 Stephen Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9BB, UK;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Second Spring Oxford Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Second Spring Oxford Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.secondspring.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site (including archive.secondspring.co.uk and economy.secondspring.co.uk) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age or have the express permission of your legal guardian. No one under the age of 13 may submit personal information to the Website, and we do not knowingly retain such information. If you believe a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please Contact us.
2. Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Second Spring Oxford Ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code, and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer or other screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Second Spring Oxford Ltd.
3. Prohibited use
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
4. Registration, where applicable
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions. This includes the use of our forums.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
5. Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Second Spring Oxford Ltd or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
7. Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Second Spring Oxford Ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility, and satisfactory quality. Second Spring Oxford Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Second Spring Oxford Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Second Spring Oxford Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Second Spring Oxford Ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
8. Limitation of liability
- The Website and Second Spring Oxford Ltd do not necessarily endorse or support the views expressed herein, with the exception of those specifically attributed to the Website and Second Spring Oxford Ltd.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Second Spring Oxford Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- These terms and conditions together with the Privacy and Cookies Policy contain the whole agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter and supersede all prior discussions, arrangements or agreements that might have taken place in relation to the terms and conditions.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
10. Second Spring Oxford Ltd details
- Second Spring Oxford Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 7274180 whose registered address is The Old Dairy, 12 Stephen Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9BB and it operates the Website www.secondspring.co.uk. You can contact Second Spring Oxford Ltd by email on [email protected].
11. Orders & Returns
Cancellation and Returns Policy: You have the right to cancel your order as long as you notify us in writing within 14 days of receipt. Unwanted items from a cancelled order must be returned in their entirety to our warehouse [Joshua Horgan, 2 Glenmore Business Centre, Range Rd, Witney OX29 0AA] at your own expense and must be received within 14 days of order cancellation for a full refund of the cost of the order. In the event that an item arrives in a damaged or faulty condition, please email us at [email protected] to discuss organising a refund or replacement item.
12. Supplemental Terms governing the use of the forums
All users of the forums must agree to abide by the following terms:
- All posts must be approved by a forum Moderator. Moderators will only approve posts that comply with the forum policies.
- All Users must be 18 years of age or over.
- All Users must agree to work towards charity, clarity, respect, thoughtfulness, and accuracy.
- Please treat others with respect and courtesy. Posts may sometimes come across with a harsher tone than intended, so show grace to others by assuming the best. Avoid harsh or judgemental language, and of course please use no profanity or unkind names (even if *** or other symbols are used in place of part of the word). Be careful that your own posts display a tone and content that reflects kindness and care for others.
No ad hominem attacks will be tolerated: while the debate and discussion of ideas are encouraged, comments directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining will not be approved. Spamming, trolling, and flaming are prohibited; basic netiquette rules apply.
- All posts must demonstrate an effort to employ a reasonable level of spelling, grammar, and punctuation so that the style of writing does not distract unduly from the content. We encourage users to write in complete sentences and with minimal use of jargon on the one hand, or slang / incorrect English on the other.
- Please be aware that we welcome members of a variety of religious and philosophical beliefs. While the founders and many of the moderators are Catholic, we believe that dialogue can be fruitful as long as all parties are on a genuine and active quest for Truth. Learn about Stratford’s approach in our archive.
- Users must endeavour to post topics in the relevant area of the forum and to stay on topic. Moderators may split posts off from a discussion thread in order to start a new topic of discussion elsewhere, or merge topics that are duplicates.
- SPAM and commercial postings will be deleted.
- Please do not post chain emails. Ever.
- If you do post a message from an email, please fix the formatting before posting to avoid making readers sift through a jumble of html code and messy carets.
- Users may not post copyrighted materials to the board without permission from the copyright holders. That would usually be the original authors. Do not repost comments from other message boards, contents of posts in mailing lists, personal comments from Facebook statuses. Exceptions: You may post brief excerpts from published materials (300 words or less is generally considered fair use). You may post links to public blogs along with a sentence or two, or your description, in order to give forum members context so they know why they want to click on that link. Please don’t link to sources for illegally obtaining copyrighted materials for free.
- Users are discouraged from sharing any Personal Information in the forums (which are largely public), especially Sensitive Personal Information or anything that may be used to identify them. All Users must agree that any Personal Information shared in the forums is voluntarily shared, and Second Spring Oxford Ltd is therefore not liable for what happens with that information. The forum is publically accessible, so any information you provide there may be read, collected, and used by others.
- The posts to this forum should stay on this forum unless the author of the particular post puts his or her own content somewhere else or gives written permission for that content to be shared.
- The Moderators may use their discretion to block any Users who consistently fail to abide by these terms. Moderators are not obliged to enter into a discussion about their decisions.
13. Your consent
By using our Website or Services, you consent to these Terms.
Our Privacy and Cookies Policy is available at www.secondspring.co.uk/legal-page/privacy/
Last Updated 16 April 2019