This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Madeleine 2 months ago.

• Author

Second Spring
    Keymaster

Third in our series of conversation-starter articles over on Second Spring Current, we have an article by Rev. Jacob A. Strand who has recently completed his dissertation on the connection between liturgical mystagogy and educational theory in the work of Stratford Caldecott.

Here’s the link.

“How can we restore the perspective required for lifelong mystagogy? Perhaps education is a good place to begin… The trivium and quadrivium’s recovery of a metaphysical perspective of the meaning communicated by words, actions, and aspects of creation further restores a Catholic’s sacramental perspective of the interior reality channeled by sacramental-liturgical matter and form.”

Did anything strike you in the article? Is there anything that needs further unpacking? What are the challenges to implementing this kind of retrieval project?

Madeleine
    Participant

I’ve been meaning to read some of Stratford’s books for some time now. This article has spurred me on to do it. Thank you. 🙂 I think I’m going to start with ‘ Beauty for Truth’s Sake, On the Re-Enchantment of Education’. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.